Working at Keepmoat
Working at Keepmoat isn’t like any other job. There’s more to it than bricks and mortar. That’s why, if you have the ambition and vision to match, Keepmoat is the perfect place for you.
Building your career with us
- We build high-quality homes
- We create thriving new communities
- We help first time buyers take their first step on the property ladder
- We help families find the space they need
- We are passionate about creating valuable partnerships
- We work hard to create a sustainable future
- And we build exciting and fulfilling careers too.
Our business at a glance:
Nine regional businesses, organised into three divisions:
- North West: North West, Yorkshire West and MCI
- Midlands: East Midlands, West Midlands and South Midlands
- North East: Scotland, North East and Yorkshire East
We operate across Britain – with over 60 live developments from Scotland down to Northfleet in Kent.
A business founded on partnership
When you join Keepmoat, you’re part of something much bigger. Together with our partners, we’re committed to creating the homes first-time buyers and families need. In the places they need them. Long-term partnerships provide us with the stability to achieve this, grow, and invest in our business and our people.
In fact, our Partnership Business Model is what sets us apart from other homebuilders. It puts Keepmoat right at the heart of delivering the nation’s need for quality, affordable homes.
We work with local authorities, Homes England and registered providers and over 200 partners up and down the UK to make this happen. And we work closely with schools, local representatives, community leaders and groups to support localised priorities and people.
A commitment to help you grow
We do more than build homes. We create great careers too. It’s no coincidence that many of our senior management team started in other roles. Here are just a few of the career opportunities available at Keepmoat:
- Site Manager - manage our people, subcontractors and materials on our construction sites
- Bricklaying Apprentices - learn bricklaying practical skills and knowledge to build high quality affordable homes
- Social Value Manager - work with external organisations to develop and deliver community engagement, employment opportunities and skills activities
- Quantity Surveyor – support the Commercial Team by setting budgets for sites, placing orders for materials, and liaising with subcontractors
- Sales Executive – responsible for achieving sales for a particular development or area and contributing to customer delight
- Marketing Coordinator - have responsibility for the general day to day marketing of our developments including website pages and adverts
- Customer Care Technician - provide an effective after-sales service by rectifying defects and carrying out maintenance works that have arisen within occupied properties since completion
We are committed to building long-term partnerships to deliver high-quality homes, which revitalise communities and create places where people want to live.
We also provide expertise in every stage of housing development, from design and planning to community engagement skills, to help partners achieve their ambitions.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward: We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative: We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate: We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative: We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
“Keepmoat have given me the opportunity to grow and learn and there is lots to learn in housebuilding! The great thing for me is that Keepmoat’s values align so closely to my own personal values, so it’s definitely the right fit”
Michelle Filer, Head of Customer Care
What you can expect from us:
- To be part of a company with strong values – we live and breathe our values in everything we do
- To be part of an inclusive team where you are encouraged and rewarded for your ideas
- To be given the opportunity to develop, no matter where you work in our business
- Competitive rates of pay, a range of employee benefits, and an annual bonus.
Our benefits package
Agile Working - We have an Agile Working policy which is in place to help our people work when, how and where they can, to meet business needs, and support their wellbeing. Dependant on the role, this can involve working both at home and office/site based locations, using technology to deliver great results for the business.
Pension scheme - We have great pension schemes on offer, with auto- enrolment onto a scheme after 12 weeks’ service.
Smart holidays - We know how important your holidays are, so we give you the chance to have even more! Every year, we offer our employees the opportunity to buy additional annual leave days.
Your development - It doesn’t matter if you are just starting out in your career or are a fully qualified professional, learning never needs to end and the People Development & Engagement team are here to support you. We have a range of development programmes, eLearning, masterclasses, apprenticeships and professional study.
Volunteer days - We’re committed to supporting the communities in which we work, we encourage our employees to do the same. It’s why you can take one volunteer day each year, paid in addition to annual leave, to support a cause of your choice.
Health and wellbeing
We are passionate about our employee’s health and wellbeing, so we partner with a provider to offer this free, confidential advice service to all our employees. It is a service that you can access 24 hours a day online or over the phone.
Self-pay health assessments - As part of our Wellbeing programme we have partnered with a leading provider to offer self-pay health assessments at a corporate rate.
Life assurance - We offer Life insurance to all employees on successful completion of a probationary period.
Discount gym memberships - We have great deals across gyms nationwide enabling you to spend less on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Cycle to work scheme - Are you a keen cyclist or an enthusiastic amateur? Either way, you’re eligible to apply for our cycle to work scheme. The cost of leasing the bike will be spread over 12 months and taken from your gross salary, saving you money on tax and national insurance.
Exclusive offers and discounts
Buying a new home - Take advantage of a 5% discount on a Keepmoat home. Once you have more than one year’s continuous service.
Retailer discounts - KeepRewarding is your one-stop shop for almost 1,000 amazing deals and savings for you at a range of favourite high street stores.
Dining discount - We have collaborated with two leading discount providers to bring you the best offers available in bars and restaurants, you could get money off your total food bill or special discounts at thousands of restaurants nationwide.
Supplier discounts - We have negotiated discounts for you with a number of our construction materials and IT suppliers so that you can benefit from our buying power and take advantage of these discounts.
Our people are fundamental to what we do.
With their help, work ethic and support, we continue to achieve profitable long-term growth and operate as a top ten UK homebuilder. So, we’re committed to becoming the employer of choice in the homebuilding industry, attracting the right talent, developing our existing talent and making sure every employee enjoys working for Keepmoat.
Our culture is aligned to our values – it is straightforward, passionate, creative and highly collaborative; it is also based on openness, challenging, questioning, innovation, high performance and high engagement. Above all, it’s under-pinned by a single belief: that every one of us makes a positive difference. That’s just one of the reasons why we were awarded the Investors in People (IIP) accreditation.
When our people grow, we do too
We employ over 1,100 people and are committed to creating a working environment where they all feel empowered to deliver and progress.
For us it’s simple. When our people are happy, supported and inspired, anything is possible. We know our people are key to our success. And one of the best ways we can achieve our ambitions is to help you achieve yours.
From our Dare To Lead, One Keepmoat Manager and Site Mangement Programmes, to masterclasses and a range of bite sized learning, we’ll help you realise your potential.
What do you like about working at Keepmoat?
"When I joined Keepmoat, I was very fortunate to find myself surrounded by a very supportive and ambitious team. No two days are the same, everyone is incredibly friendly, and I am actively encouraged to seek out development opportunities so that I can continue to support the team at Keepmoat as best as possible in my role”
Charlotte Gray, Ecology Advisor
“I have really enjoyed the changing of cultures and implementing my own ideas for further improvement on sites.
I feel that I can make a real difference to the company, and this is something which makes all members of the site team feel valued”.
Sam Leather, Contracts Manager
More diversity. More equality.
While the house building industry is not known for being the most diverse or gender equal, we’re working hard to change perceptions.
We are delighted to be a platinum member of Women into Construction. This means we are committed to helping to reduce skills gaps and create a more diverse workforce. Working with the charity we can provide support to women wishing to work in the construction industry and offer practical, hands-on work placements and tailored programmes.