A new way to move - without needing a big deposit.
Move into a Keepmoat home with just a 5% deposit.
Deposit Unlock is a brand new scheme to help all types of buyers purchase a brand new home, with just a 5% deposit.
Giving you the freedom to buy, without needing a big deposit or lots of equity in your home, whether you’re buying your first home, or your next one, this could help to make the move much more affordable.
Deposit Unlock explained.
Developed by the Home Builders Federation, the home building industry and mortgage lenders, it provides homebuyers with 95% loan-to-value mortgages at competitive rates.
Available to first-time buyers and existing homeowners, it makes buying a new home more affordable, without needing to save for a huge deposit.
Deposit Unlock is currently available via selected lenders but more are joining all the time. The scheme is expected to be more widely available across the UK soon.
Who’s eligible for Deposit Unlock?
- the scheme is open to first-time buyers and existing homeowners
- currently available on selected homes at participating developments only
- currently the home must have a purchase price of less than £330,000
- buyers must be able to provide a 5% minimum deposit of the purchase price
- subject to a successful mortgage application through lenders on the scheme
- not available for buy-to-let purposes
- not available first-time buyers taking advantage of Help to Buy.
For more information about eligibility please speak to your Sales Executive.
How it works
- Find the perfect home for you at one of our participating developments
- Talk to your Sales Executive about the Deposit Unlock scheme – they’ll be able to offer advice on whether it’s right for you
- If you want to go ahead with Deposit Unlock, we’ll supply written confirmation to specified lenders
- If you meet the lender's criteria, you can reserve your Keepmoat home
95% loan-to-value mortgages
Today, more and more lenders are offering 95% loan-to-value mortgages on new homes. Even those outside the Deposit Unlock scheme.
Put simply, a 95% mortgage allows you to borrow up to 95% of the value of the property you want to purchase, which is really helpful if you are buying your first home and you don’t have a big deposit.
‘Loan-to-value' is the percentage of the property's value that's being covered by the mortgage. For example, if you were buying a property costing £150,000 and putting in a deposit of £7,500, your loan-to-value would be 95% and your deposit would be 5%.
To secure your dream home speak to your Sales Executive, they will be able to put you in touch with one of the lenders offering 95% LTV mortgages on new build homes.
More ways we can help you move
If you’re buying your first home, the government-backed Help to Buy Scheme is a great way to move with just a 5% deposit and affordable mortgage payments. Plus our flexible Shared Ownership options, at selected developments, provide another affordable way to get on the property ladder.
Terms & Conditions
Deposit Unlock offer available on selected Keepmoat plots and developments only. Deposit Unlock offer is subject to status and lender criteria. A minimum 5% customer deposit is required. The product is backed by a mortgage indemnity insurance that covers a proportion of the sum loaned by the lender in the event of a loss as a result of repossession. Keepmoat Homes makes a financial contribution to the cost of the product including the cost of the insurance premium. The buyer’s obligations to the lender remain unchanged, as the benefit of the insurance is for the lender. Keepmoat Homes do not offer mortgage advice, any financial advice should be obtained from a mortgage adviser or lender. Mortgage products are subject to status. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.