Citywide Developer Partnership, Hull
The Hull Citywide Developer Partnership (HCDP) is a consortium of developers, including Keepmoat, Strata, Home Group and Priority Space. It’s also a true example of how the local community, the council and private sector can come together to regenerate an area, stimulate private investment and deliver transformational change.
Located in one of the lowest 1% of deprived areas nationally, the area has low levels of skills and wages, high levels of unemployment and benefit reliance, poor health and high levels of crime.
An extensive community engagement and skill programme has delivered huge change and regeneration.
- Construction of 1,200 new homes, refurbishment of 365 existing homes.
- 41% (279 homes) affordable housing
- 22% reduction in anti-social behaviour
- 672 jobs created or safeguarded
- 98 new apprenticeships
- £1m of funding secured from DFE an CITB to create a new construction skills hub