- Reference: KMH/Y1/190
- Hours: 35
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Employer: Keepmoat Homes Yorkshire 1
- Job type: Permanent
- Closing date: 02/11/2019
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Purpose of the Role:
- The main purpose of the role is to provide a professional service to all our customers, and potential customers with the aim of achieving sales and financial targets on allocated development and contributing to customer delight.
- To understand, implement and adhere to HSS policy and strategy.
Escort visitors around the Sales complex and inform them of product prices, specifications, availability and local amenities etc
Receive telephone enquiries from potential customers and provide appropriate sales information to encourage them to visit site
Maintain contact with potential customers through regular updates of promotions etc
Maintain regular contact with existing customers on all aspects of build, sales and progression
Follow the standard follow-up procedure with customers 21 days after legal completion to check that everything is satisfactory
Receive complaints/issues/concerns from customers and ensure that appropriate action is taken to address them.
Liaise with the Sales Manager to understand targets for sales, revenues, exchanges and legal completions and endeavor to exceed these.
Close sales by completing the reservation form and taking reservation deposits in line with the Development Price List
Liaise with the Sales Manager to obtain approval for proposed sales and follow the due process for non-dependent sales and assisted sales as appropriate
Sell the benefits of, and advise customers to use, the company recommended solicitor and financial advisor
Organise and progress Contours Extras on each plot (this to be done at each build stage)
Deal with banks, building societies, solicitors and estate agents in a confident and professional manner in order to progress each sale to exchange of contracts in 6 weeks and then through to legal completion
Be aware of CML inspection dates
Ensure Show home is open accordingly subject to Winter or Summer agreed working hours
Organise the maintenance, cleanliness and presentation of the Sales Information Centre, Show Home and Landscaping to the highest standard
Ensure signage, including directional signs, is placed and maintained correctly
Ensure cleanliness of completed plots
Carry out routine ‘snagging’ of the Show Home to identify defects and organise appropriate remedial works
Ensure that personal presentation is professional and of the highest standard, including correct uniform to reflect the desired corporate image
Endeavour to work in line with Centre of Excellence guidelines
Check the qualification of customers
Carry out market research covering a 10 mile radius of the site regarding new build and second hand market competition; e.g. pricing structure, incentives, specifications, product types, sales availability and sales completions and provide monthly reports.
Reportage and Administration
Update and maintain customer records on COINS, following up and chasing outstanding information as necessary
Hold and minute weekly meetings with the Site Manager in order to monitor and progress each plot
Maintain stocks of stationary and office supplies, ensuring items put away following delivery
If needing to leave the site during Sales Office hours, then ensure that permission is granted from the Sales Manager
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers
- IT skills including Microsoft packages (workable knowledge)
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A full driving licence
- Proven experience in similar role- preferred but not essential
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
• Openness and integrity
• Innovation and Change
• Thinking and decision making
• Building Relationships
• Team Working
• Pride and Resilience
• Delivering Results
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below and upload your C.V. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a high level of applications, therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please assume your application has not been successful if you have not been contacted within 20 days of submitting your application. No agencies please.