At Keepmoat Homes we recognise the significant impact that the construction sector has on our environment and that issues such as climate change, resource depletion and water quality affect us all.
As a business we are determined to reduce our impacts and become continually improve our environmental sustainability. We guide this activity through our environmental management system certified to ISO 14001
We have identified our priority environmental areas for our business, these are:
· Climate Action (reducing our carbon footprint and climate resilient developments)
· Sustainable Homes (affordable, efficient, low carbon and adaptable)
· Resource efficiency & Zero Net Waste
· Effective environmental controls that prevent incidents and pollution
· Ecology & Biodiversity
Aligned to these 5 priorities during the last financial year (November 2018 to October 2019) we:
· Reduced our absolute Scope 1 an 2 carbon footprint by 2.5% (13% per home constructed)
· Reduced waste removed from site by 11% (25% per home constructed)
· Reinforcing the reporting of Environmental Incidents and Environmental Hazards Observed (HazObs), increasing ownership of environmental issues and enabling greater focus support on key environmental risks and opportunities.
· Delivery of 1,200 hours of environmental training to construction staff