Technical Services Manager KMH/CN/964
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for Technical Services Manager to join us, based from our Head Office in Doncaster with agile/hybrid working. Reporting into the Head of Technology and Cybersecurity, the successful candidatewill be a key member of the operational IT and Digital leadership team and should be a strong, technically capable and service focused individual. Responsible for the oversight, delivery and management of the technology services landscape and platforms; they will be closely working with users and vendor matrix teams to ensure the technology is appropriately scoped, monitored, patched, protected, supported and available to the business during core operating hours.
We rely on strategic partners (third party partners and vendors) to deliver key, technical, business services. Where the support of third-party partners and vendors, is required, it is expected that the Technical Delivery Manager will effectively own and manage these relationships and engagements.
This role has direct accountability for the technical, field services function, so should therefore be capable of leading, managing and developing a team of engineers appropriately, to ensure a timely and quality response to all business requests, incidents and problems that arise through the service delivery function are managed appropriately. They will also have experience with matrix management, ideally managing virtual, third-party teams.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; a good mix of strategic and operational; they will be passionate about technology and delivering exceptional service, acting as a positive role model and leader for their team. They will be collaborative with the ability to manage multiple suppliers, as well as working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure solutions and changes are delivered to meet business needs. They will have the ability to be creative and forward thinking in their approach, attending technology forums to help drive innovation within the function. They will use their communication skills in a straightforward way to ensure they develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels.
Education & qualifications
The successful candidate will have a strong background in operational support and/or service delivery. They will have experience working within a management position and be willing and able to travel to different sites as required. Experience within the housebuilding/construction sectors would be desirable.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 31/03/2024