Technical Manager - KMH/SO/162
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the roles are to coordinate all design/utility information between external consultants/MU contractors and internal departments ensuring that all approvals/utility quotes are obtained in a timely manner and that high quality and correct information is issued to other departments. Duties also include setting, monitoring and delivery of targets, production of accurate and timely reports for the business and staff development. Challenge others to drive performance improvement without damaging confidence levels or performance output. Demonstrates strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Minimum 5 years knowledge of the construction/ development industry
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Sound knowledge of the architectural and engineering function
- To be self-motivated and well organised
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- IT skills including Microsoft packages (advanced knowledge)
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of planning issues, legislation and processes relevant to the job
- Excellent leadership skills to inspire, motivate and develop team members to high levels of performance
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g. talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
- Ability to achieve results by working in partnership with and through other organisation
Education & qualifications
- Either a degree in planning, or post graduate qualification with eligibility for Royal Town Planning Institute membership
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Northampton, NN4 7YJ
Employer: South Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/12/2022