Technical Development Assistant KMH/CN/887
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Development Assistant to join us as part of our Group Technical Department, based from our Doncaster head office with flexible/agile working. Reporting to the Technical Development Director, this is a new role and the successful candidate will provide administration support service to the department, whilst developing their own technical and architectural knowledge and skills. The Technical Development Assistant will support all Technical Development team members and demonstrate strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes.
The main duties of the Technical Development Assistant will include administering drawings and specifications to document registers, issuing technical memos, updating the departments SharePoint and Asite pages, as well as general administrative duties such as attending meetings and taking minutes, setting up and maintaining filing systems, and coordinating diaries for the team.
They will also get involved with the monthly update and coordination of reporting in line with our NHBC requirements, distributing analysis to regions and monitoring reporting showing NHBC statistics across the groups.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for an individual who embodies our Keepmoat values;
- They will be passionate about construction and design and starting a career within housebuilding.
- Collaborative, confident and enthusiastic, with the ability to work alone and as part of a team, with a professional attitude and approach to their work.
- They will approach work in a straightforward manner, possessing excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative, with an eye for design and the ability to communicate well both in writing and verbally.
Education & qualifications
The successful candidate will enrol in a HNC or equivalent construction qualification on a part time/day release basis whilst undertaking the role, so the successful candidate will need to have the desire to commit to this as part of their ongoing development. Keepmoat will assist with this development by giving the postholder opportunity to shadow and assist Architecture Technicians, Design Managers etc. and gain exposure to their day-to-day work. The Technical Development Assistant will also undertake training/develop any existing skills in AutoCAD and Revit.
The successful candidate will have English and Maths GCSE grade 4/C as a minimum.
A current / ongoing qualification in a construction related subject would be desirable, along with advanced excel skills, experience of SharePoint or Asite, and any past experience of construction or design.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 4PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Central Services
Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 31/12/2023