Technical Coordinator KMH/MCI/429
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to join our MCI Developments business, based from Wigan. More information about MCI can be found here.
The main purpose of the Technical Coordinator role is to be the main technical contact for various developments and to coordinate and manage all technical information across multiple developments in line with necessary deadlines.
Reporting to the Technical Director; the successful candidate will liaise with and advise other departments on technical matters, ensuring that all information is available to other departments within the region to suit the project programme.
The postholder will liaise with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to manage and coordinate technical packages for the relevant planning and technical submissions; working with multi-disciplined teams to make recommendations, monitor progress against programmes and ensure all information is available in an accurate and timely manner.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for an experienced Technical Coordinator who embodies our Keepmoat values; a straightforward and skilled communicator, who is creative and experienced with problem solving within technical teams. They will be passionate about the construction/development industry with strong experience within it. The postholder will be an established collaborative leader with the ability to build strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes and inspire, motivate and develop team members.
They will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the construction/development industry, with up-to-date relevant knowledge of building legislation. They will have sound knowledge of architectural and engineering functions and ideally some experience of Partnership agreements. Due to the nature of the role, site visits throughout the region will be required and the postholder will be able to work flexibly in order to do so. A company car or car allowance will be provided.
Education & qualifications
HNC /HND / Degree in Building, Civil Engineering or Architectural design.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected].
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Wigan, WN3 6PR
Employer: MCI part of the Keepmoat Group
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 30/06/2023