Sustainability Coordinator KMH/CN/1010
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
Due to the increased importance of the sustainability agenda at Keepmoat, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Sustainability Coordinator to join us to support our Sustainability Director to deliver specific elements of our sustainability roadmap and other parts of the strategy such as carbon reduction plans.
We are relatively flexible in terms of the base location of this role, however a candidate based in the South Yorkshire area would be at an advantage, as they will be required to work from our Doncaster head office on a regular basis.
The Sustainability Coordinator will assist with corporate investor disclosures including the annual report, working closely with the Group Finance department. They will populate the land function bid library with sustainability related material, assisting and leading on relevant communications, ensuring robust evidence for any claims.
The successful candidate will work with our regional Social Value Managers, ensuring progression of national social value credentials, and raise awareness of the sustainability agenda through business cases, effective communications, and presentations. They will stay abreast of developments in sustainability legislation and industry best practice through an ongoing process of formal continuing professional developments, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate with a keen enthusiasm for environmental and social sustainability, and access to housing, with some experience in a role requiring an element of project delivery. They will be collaborative, with the ability to build and maintain business relationships. They will take a straightforward, can-do attitude to problem solving and have strong analytical and critical skills, with the confidence to question and challenge. The successful candidate will be innovative and creative, applying this to their level of communications, verbally and written, including through coordination of professionally produced quality internal and external materials.
Education & qualifications
The post holder will be able and willing to commit to undertake IEMA or alternative sustainability or social value professional development pathways.
Experience within a role in sustainability would be advantageous but is not essential.
If this sounds like you, please apply now, or for more information including a full job description, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 22/02/2024