Social & Economic Impact Coordinator
- Reference: KMH/SO/225
- Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
- Location: Northampton, NN4 7YJ
- Employer: Keepmoat Homes Southern
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Closing date: 30/09/2021
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to support the Head/ Director of Land and partnership in the development of Social & Economic Impact objectives, targets and values for the regional Social & Economic Impact Strategy. Provide advice and assistance in the development of future S&EI activities, outcomes and social values within bid submissions. This role in conjunction with Land & Partnership Managers will identify partnership opportunities with local organisations in order to develop and deliver S&EI priorities and activities. To record and report on S&EI achievements to Head of Land & Partnership and Group C&SR manager as required.
- Identify opportunities within set geographical area for investment that will support the delivery of the regions Social & Economic Impact Strategy
- To support in the development of regional targets to be included within the regional Social & Economic Impact strategy
- To support Partnership Managers in identifying proposed S&EI activities to be included within bid submissions, with costings as appropriate
- Identify and engage with local influencers within communities to understand community priorities and align to S&EI objectives and targets where appropriate
- Support land and partnership team with the organization of project specific consultation events
- Build relationships with Keepmoat Homes supply chain partners to promote Keepmoat Homes project specific social & economic targets
- Arrange community events for residents of Keepmoat Homes developments in line with S&EI objectives and targets
- Work with external organisations to develop and deliver a range of employment & skills activities within the construction sector, including: careers advice & guidance, site visits, work experience, traineeships, apprenticeships, graduates, and other on site and office based initiatives
- Work closely with other agencies including local authorities; registered providers; statutory bodies, voluntary and community sector to provide a range of support services and facilities to assist local people on a range of social and economic improvements.
- Accurately recording, measuring and reporting of S&EI performance and produce reports when required for internal and external partners to showcase community work
- Attend S&EI forums, meetings and events in identifying, developing and sharing S&EI best practice
- Support Marketing when required with external press releases for the promotion of regional S&EI activity/ achievements
- Work with Group C&SR manager and regional marketing coordinator for applying for national C&SR or S&EI awards
- Fully utilize all tools and software provided in order to develop and deliver high quality localized S&EI initiatives and programs.
- Project specific research
- Any other reasonable management requests
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Enthusiastic - able to work extended hours at times when required, this will include occasional evening and weekend working.
- Reliable with a mature, tolerant and positive attitude
- Self motivated
- Flexible & adaptable
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Creative, passionate, straightforward, collaborative
- Prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Socially minded but underlined by keen commercial awareness
- Worked within a corporate social value capacity.
Education and Qualifications:
- Relevant industry requirements
Communicates in a simple, clear, flexible and consistent way
Actively seeks to understand others' point of view
• Openness and integrity
Acts with transparency and integrity
Challenges others when values are not being demonstrated
• Innovation and Change
Encourages continuous improvement opportunities and fosters an idea generation culture
Challenges traditional ways of doing things, looking for new and better ways to deliver results
• Thinking and decision making
Manages demand and prioritises resources effectively
Demonstrates good problem-solving capabilities and identifies solutions
• Building Relationships
Works to constantly exceed customer expectations and deliver excellent customer service
Show respect by understanding the needs, feelings and concerns of others
• Team Working
Maintains good working relationships across teams, regions and departments
Values diversity and appreciates what others bring
• Pride and Resilience
Is proud to be in the Keepmoat Homes family and acts as a business ambassador
Remains resilient, enthusiastic and optimistic in challenging times
• Delivering Results
Is motivated to ensure team delivers results on time, to standard and on budget
Takes responsibility to deliver on commitments made
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below and upload your C.V. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a high level of applications, therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please assume your application has not been successful if you have not been contacted within 20 days of submitting your application. No agencies please.