Senior Technical Manager KMH/SO/132
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main Purpose of role:
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Manager to join us, to lead a number of Technical and Engineering functions in our South Midlands region, based in our Northampton Office.
Reporting to the Technical Director; the successful candidate will be accountable for the overall coordination of all design and utility information between external consultants, contractors, and internal departments. They will lead their teams to ensure that all approvals and quotes are obtained in a timely manner and that high quality and correct information is issued to other departments.
The successful candidate will also include set, monitor, and deliver targets, produce accurate and timely reports for the business and be responsible for the development of their team. They will challenge others to drive performance improvement without damaging confidence levels or performance output.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for an established Technical Manager who embodies our Keepmoat values; a straightforward and skilled communicator, who is creative and experienced wit generating new ideas within architectural and engineering functions. They will be passionate about the construction/development industry with strong experience within it. The postholder will be an established collaborative leader with the ability to build strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes and inspire, motivate, and develop team members.
They will have up to date knowledge of building legislation, experience of partnership agreements, along with understanding and working knowledge of planning issues and processes relevant to the role.
Experience within a similar role in the housebuilding/construction industry would be beneficial but is not essential.
This role would suit either an experienced candidate working at a similar level currently, or someone looking to step up from a Technical Manager or equivalent role. This role is the number two to the Technical Director, and we are looking to support someone with the aspiration to step up to this level in the future.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Education & qualifications
The successful candidate will possess either a degree in planning, or post graduate qualification with eligibility for Royal Town Planning Institute membership.
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Northampton, NN4 9EQ
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, South Midlands
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/03/2023