Senior Strategic Land Manager KMH/CN/327
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
To source and secure long-term partnership land for the division, to complement the land sourced for immediate development, through carefully identifying suitable opportunities that clearly align with our partnership business model.
- To source, secure, promote and purchase suitable long-term partnership land to support regions in the Division to deliver or better their long term housing growth plans
- To work within the processes and procedures set for identification of suitable long term partnership land
- To upskill regional teams on identifying and recommending suitable LTPL opportunities to the divisional role
- To provide regular reports as required to GSL&P Director, regional board or Exec as required.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- A proven track record of successful delivery of strategic land projects from identification to purchase within the house building sector.
- A detailed understanding of the planning system and processes required to successfully promote strategic land opportunities through it.
- A detailed understanding of the technical, financial appraisal and contract processes required to support the delivery of strategic land.
- A strong network of agency and/or landowner contacts operating in the house building and development sector.
- A good understanding of the wider housing market
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in the land / development process and the influence that the planning system has upon it.
- Thorough understanding of the wider planning system in England/Scotland and the influence that it has on the land and development process
- Display a good understanding of financial and commercial acumen
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in the use of IT particularly Excel and Word
- Proficient in working both within a broad range of teams and individually and an ability to regularly switch between the two.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and have excellent time management skills
- Customer focussed
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to travel
Education & qualifications
- A property related or relevant degree e.g. town/urban planning/real estate/law
- MRTPI membership or eligibility
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: To be confirmed on appointment
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/07/2022