Senior Quantity Surveyor KMH/NE/805
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main Purpose of role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join us in our North East region. The main base will be from our regional head office in Hebburn, and due to the nature of the role it will involve some travel throughout the region. The successful candidate will work to ensure that the Commercial department runs smoothly by taking full responsibility for all surveying activities on a number of High Risk/Complex housing developments from the initial procurement phase through to final account ensuring at all times they are working in full compliance with the companies policies and procedures.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved in setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets. They will place orders, produce accurate and timely reports for the business, and forecast cost of materials required for our builds. They will liaise with subcontractors, site staff and other departments to ensure communication and collaboration is at its highest. They will work with the Commercial Manager to ensure the junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance and support to be successful in their role.
- To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about the building industry and have previous experience in a similar role. They will be collaborative and confident building relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. They will be creative and bring a flexible and agile approach to their work. They will be solutions focused and work in a straightforward way to ensure the commercial team within the region meets its targets.
Education & qualifications
The successful candidate will hold the relevant industry qualifications; RICS and a surveying degree or HND.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hebburn, NE31 2EX
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, North East
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 12/10/2023