Senior Marketing Coordinator KMH/CN/351
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Coordinator to join to support the general day to day marketing activity for our South Midlands region, based from our Northampton regional office with agile working. The Senior Marketing Coordinator will report into the Group Communications and Marketing Director and form part of the wider Marketing team who are based nationally.
The post holder will identify marketing opportunities, ensuring that all marketing material is up to date and that all collateral across departments is consistent with group standards. They will act as a guardian of the Keepmoat brand, producing high quality marketing materials and literature, including development and house type pages on our website, and plot specific content on our different property portals.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for liaising with external agencies and suppliers, ensuring all approved sales literature is produced and distributed to the relevant departments, commissioning new photography and videos and produce and manage customer facing emails.
• Working with sales admin to ensure daily amends to the website as required including plot specific information (price changes, descriptions and dimensions)
• Sourcing of imagery to be uploaded to developments and plot types
• Creating and uploading offer banners to developments
• Weekly rotation of imagery and descriptions set out in the guidelines and instructions issued by the Central marketing team
• Conducting Weekly audits with Regional Sales Team
• Co-ordinating new development and plot descriptions with the Group PR agency and ensuring they are loaded to the CMS
House type Leaflets Production
• Brief in any amends to current House type leaflets to the CGI company - when requested by the Regional Sales Director
• Brief in new development requirements to the CGI company - when requested by the Regional Sales Director
• Work alongside the Technical Dept. and Sales Team in providing relevant information to the CGI Company
• Work alongside the Technical Dept. and Sales Team in checking and signing off House type leaflets
Distribution & Print
• Ensure that all print is ordered through Group approved print supplier Cubiquity
• Ensure that all approved Sales Collateral is sent to print and distributed to the relevant developments
• Ensure that all approved Sales Collateral is managed appropriately reducing waste through over ordering
Email and e-brochure
• Develop weekly email campaign plan with the Regional Sales Team
• Create development and regional e-mail campaigns using templates provided
• Report results of email campaigns to the Regional Sales Directors
• Produce e-brochures for each live development using approved house type leaflets
Public Relations/Social Media
• Co-ordinate regional PR by working closely with regional land team, social impact manager and managing the relationship with the PR Agency to ensure a consistent flow of newsworthy and relevant information for press releases and social media
• Co-ordinate new imagery to be taken for new developments, show home openings etc. in support new press releases
• Monitor social media comments and complaints and TrustPilot and work with customer care to ensure these are responded to quickly
Digital Asset Management System
• Upload new Regional images onto the Digital Asset Management System and ensure correctly tagged
• Use the Digital Asset Management system to source imagery for development and plot type pages on the web
• Assessing plot specific content on all appointed portals for region, ensuring the listing are fully optimized
• Hold regular meetings with Group Marketing team to raise any issues, requirements to improve portal listings
• Ordering of stands and merchandise for sales events
• Co-ordinating news stories for Intranet (managed through the Group PR Co-ordinator)
• Developing advertorials and community newsletters as and when required
• Attend regular meetings with Central Marketing Teams
• Attend regular meetings with regional Land and Customer Care teams
• Develop good working relationships with HSEs, regional and Central teams
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about marketing in the construction industry; with previous experience in a marketing position. They will be collaborative, friendly and helpful with strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies. A creative eye for content is a must, with experience producing content for web and social media accurately and with enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will have a straightforward approach, clear use of written English, a professional attitude and good business sense.
Previous marketing experience within the construction industry.
Education & qualifications
- Degree Level qualifications preferred, preferably in a Market or business related degree
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Northampton, NN4 7YJ
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Full Time Permanent
Closing date: 17/03/2023