Senior Land & Partnerships Manager KMH/MCI/104
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
Support the Land & Partnership Director/Head of Land & Partnership in the delivery of the regional business plan and land acquisition strategy for the region. Work with them to pro-actively source, manage and progress land and partnership opportunities for the Regional Business to facilitate delivery of the growth plans.
- Inentify, assess, pursue and progress potential land & partnership opportunities suitable for the business. In accordance with the MCI homes Quality Management Systems.
- Lead and supervise, where appointed on bid submissions
- Take ownership of legal agreement negotiations on projects
- Support the land and partnerships director/head of land and partnerships in negotiate land values
- Lead involvement in project Community Engagaement and Investment
- Develop relationships with partner organisations and other Keepmoat companies to advance scheme progress and explore additional opportunities.
- Preperation and production of regular updates and reports as required by L&D Director/ Head of L&P
- Support with regular updates regarding existing land holdings and proposed future land purchases
People Management Responsibilities
- To lead and build a motivated and engaged team
- To recruit the right talent into the business
- To develop your team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best that they can, building a strong talent pipeline to support the growth of the Business, completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually ahead of the mid-year and year-end Performance Development Reviews and discussing the outputs in these meetings
- To undertake bi-annual Performance Development Reviews with your team members and effectively managing any concerns that arise relating to these and to support team members Personal Development Plans
- To address confidently and competently performance, behavioural and absence issues in a supportive manner and taking the necessary actions to improve these while ensuring team members understand their personal responsibilities in these areas
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Previous experience in a land and or development role with a house builder / RP / development company.
- experience in land acquisition and dealing with planning applications.
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to influence senior decision makers
- Able to manage effectively across functional teams
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and have good time management skills
- Team focused
- Customer focused
- Decision Maker
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Leadership skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Relevant educational knowledge of the house building / development.
- Knowledge of the planning system – applications and appeals
Education & qualifications
Relevant industry requirements
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Wigan, WN3 6PR
Employer: MCI part of the Keepmoat Group
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 05/10/2022