Senior Estimator KMH/EM/360
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The Senior Estimator is responsible for leading the preparation of cost plans for both the appraisal of development opportunities and land acquisition itself. Working closely with both internal and external customers, the estimator will ensure that all estimating work required to deliver the budget is completed accurately and in the most efficient and effective manner to support the business plan
- To ensure the companies cost plan template and cost library is regularly maintained/updated in accordance with the companies Policies and Procedures
- To work closely with the departments Commercial Director/ Manager in ensuring the junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance/support to support their progression
- Demonstrates strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes
- Setting, agreeing, reviewing and delivering all targets
- Delivery of accurate and timely reports for the business in line with company-wide processes
- Management of all aspects of the commercial function ensuring that all controls are in place and are followed to maximise the company’s profitability
- Identification, escalation and proactive management of all commercial issues
- Protect the company’s legal and contractual obligations
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- [This is not an exhaustive list of the technical experience that we seek in this role, but what we consider to be critical to the success of this role].
- Flexible and agile approach
- Skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
- Prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Excellent level of numeracy and skilled in verbal and written comms
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g. talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
Education & qualifications
- Relevant industry requirements, RICS, Surveying Degree or HND
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 Hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Nottingham, NG8 6PX
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, East Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 17/07/2022