Remedial Works Manager KMH/EM/375
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective after-sales service by rectifying defects and carrying out maintenance works that have arisen within occupied properties since legal completion. To lead the Technicians on site and to ensure work carried out by them is of a high standard. To understand, implement and adhere to HSS policy and strategy
- To lead and manage the Team of Customer Care Technicians ensuring that they are clear on what is expected of them
- To be a Company Ambassador, ensuring that a high level of personal presentation is maintained and respecting the Customer’s home at all times
- Undertake general warranty inspections along with NHBC Resolution and Insurance Claims
- Work closely with Customer Care Coordinators and allocate works and timescales to Technicians and Contractors ensuring the regional team meet the SLA’s expected
- Audit on site works and post completions works and identify report and make recommendations of root cause and prevention
People Management Responsibilities
- To lead and build a motivated and engaged team
- To recruit the right talent into the business
- To develop your team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best that they can, building a strong talent pipeline to support the growth of the Business, completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually ahead of the mid-year and year-end Performance Development Reviews and discussing the outputs in these meetings
- To undertake bi-annual Performance Development Reviews with your team members and effectively managing any concerns that arise relating to these and to support team members Personal Development Plans
- To address confidently and competently performance, behavioural and absence issues in a supportive manner and taking the necessary actions to improve these while ensuring team members understand their personal responsibilities in these areas
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Up to date knowledge of NHBC Standards
- Up to date knowledge of LABC Regulations
- Multi-skills trained
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing own workload
- Skilled and experienced line manager confident in managing capability, conduct, absence issues; providing feedback and holding challenging conversations
- Flexible and agile approach
- Confidence in managing issues relating to capability, conduct and absences and comfortable with challenging conversations
- Skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
- High degree of resilience and proven ability to work under pressure and at pace
- Able to work as part of a team or independently, at all levels and be hands-on where necessary
- Highly effective communication and influencing skills
- Prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Excellent level of numeracy and skilled in verbal and written comms
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g. talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
Education & qualifications
- Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 3 or higher
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Nottingham, NG10 5QG
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, East Midlands
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 30/11/2022