Managing Quantity Surveyor KMH/MCI/537
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our MCI Developments Business. The main base will be from our MCI office in Wigan, due to the nature of the role it will involve some travel throughout the region. The successful candidate will support the Commercial Director in delivering profitability for the region through contractor procurement, cost planning and control and overall commercial input.
The successful candidate will also lead a team and carry out all people management policies, processes and procedures to a high standard and ensure that the team fully supports the business in terms of needs, aspirations, and targets. They will demonstrate strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes for the MCI business.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved in setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets. They will place orders, produce accurate and timely reports for the business, and forecast cost of materials required for our builds. They will liaise with subcontractors, site staff and other departments to ensure communication and collaboration is at its highest. They will work with the Commercial Manager to ensure the junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance and support to be successful in their role.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for a Commercial leader who embodies our Keepmoat values; a creative and resilient individual with a flexible and agile approach to managing a function and an enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach. They will be collaborative; skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement with experience in developing strategies and in influencing senior decision makers and with strong negotiating and influencing skills. They will take a straightforward approach and possess the technical experience and attention to detail to allow them to identify and work with partners, procure new sites, and ensure detailed cost planning. They will be passionate about their work and about managing and developing a team to get the best out of each individual.
Experience within a similar role within housebuilding or similar is essential.
Education & qualifications
The successful candidate will hold the relevant industry qualifications; RICS and a surveying degree or HND.
Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 3 or higher
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Wigan, WN3 6PR
Employer: MCI Developments, Wigan
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 30/06/2023