Management Accountant KMH/EM/813
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join us, based from our East Midlands Head Office near Nottingham. The successful candidate will provide financial support to the Regional Finance Director through the production of timely and accurate management and financial information. This is a great role with real opportunity for the right candidate to progress to a Finance Manager role within appropriate timescales.
Key accountabilities will include assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for the region within agreed timescales, undertake regional balance sheet reconciliations and own the resolution of issues, along with supporting the review of all budgets and forecast variances. They will also support the regions cash forecasting, working closely with other internal teams to understand the cash requirements and ensure robust forecasting for all sites within the region. They will update sales price analysis, providing the regional management team with a forward forecast of price variance based on the current state of play, identifying risks and opportunities.
The Management Accountant will also support the central finance team and treasury with all ad hoc requests, collating reporting information as and when required and producing and maintaining other finance specific reports where required.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for an experienced Accountant who embodies our Keepmoat values; a straightforward communicator at all levels, who can translate financial information to a variety of different stakeholders. They will be creative with excellent verbal and written presentation skills. They will be passionate about presenting accurate and timely financial information to enable the business to achieve its targets. They will be collaborative with the ability to work as part of a team across functions and challenge where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering timely, accurate and concise reporting, cost control, budgeting and management reporting. They will have advanced Excel skills with excellent IT skills in general. They will be accurate with strong attention to detail, with the ability prioritise their own workload in order to meet deadlines.
Experience in a similar role within Housebuilding is desirable but not essential.
Education & qualifications
- Part Qualified Accountant as a minimum.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (No Post Qualified Experience Required).
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Nottingham, NG10 5QG
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, East Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/03/2024