Learning & Development Assistant KMH/CN/808
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Learning and Development Assistant to join us based from our Doncaster Lakeside Head Office with agile working. This is a fixed term contract of around 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave.
The Learning and Development (L&D) Assistant will support the planning, coordination and delivery of all learning and development activity, employee engagement and induction initiatives, acting as an interface between the L&D function and a range of business wide stakeholders, including regional training contacts, HR Managers and PA’s as well as external training and venue providers and other relevant third parties. They will undertake a range of general administration duties for the L&D team to support effective delivery and to add value to the business.
Day to day tasks for the L&D Assistant will include delivery of training coordination support (including delegate bookings and collation of feedback) for all training events, designing and updating and toolkits to support our people, as well as getting involved with optimising our levy funding, making claims, and advising employees and managers to ensure we get the maximum value.
This is a varied role, and the successful candidate will also get involved with some exciting initiatives including Keepwell (our wellbeing initiative), coordinating apprentice schemes including for our innovative bricklaying hub and assisting with our graduate scheme, supporting the businesses commitment to attract the best new talent, to name a few.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; you will;
- Be passionate about people development, with previous experience of working in a senior administration or training coordinator role.
- Have a confident and collaborative attitude, friendly, and helpful with strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across the HR function and the wider business.
- Be creative with strong general IT skills (MS Office, particularly Excel) and an eye for content with the ability to design and present information clearly using a range of tools, ensuring it is right for the audience.
- Take a straightforward approach, possess excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multitask to deliver excellent customer service.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Education & qualifications
- Minimum standard of qualification at GCSE (English and Maths grade C or equivalent)
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Lakeside, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Closing date: 01/10/2023