Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to undertake the duties/responsibilities as a Labourer to the standards set out by the Site Manager. To carry out the duties as a labourer in accordance with Statutory Regulations, Company Policies and Procedures.
Main Duties / Accountability
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate), reported to the Construction Director and recorded on HSS systems
- To ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times
- To ensure cleanliness of site including sweeping, cleaning as required, and that welfare facilities and site offices are maintained to a good standard
- To work with site team to ensure trades have supplies, equipment as necessary in order for them to fulfil their role
- To use protective equipment, substances, tools, and equipment in accordance with instructions and training given
- To ensure site is operated safely and any incidents are reported to site management
- To ensure that you project professional image of Keepmoat at all time
- To assist in the loading and unloading of materials and moving and stacking of materials as required by site management
- To be responsible for guiding plant and machinery on/off and around the site and ensure that any lift operations are undertaken in the correct location and form part of the site method statement
- Ensure that any manoeuvre is hazard free particularly when machinery is reversing or performing tight turning circles or movements
- Ensure that all training is attended and completed liaising with the Construction administrator or Site Manager to ensure training is booked in a timely manner
- Ensure that you personally present a professional image on site by wearing the company uniform, being well presented and by developing good working relationships with everyone you come into contact within your role as Labourer
Areas of Discretion
- Must not take any action, which exceeds the contents of this Job Guide without the consent of the Construction Director
- Not to divulge any information other than to an officer of the Company on matters which are confidential to the Company
- Not to take any action which could be deemed not to be in the best interests of the Company
- Statutory Authorities
- Local Authorities
- NHBC Inspectors
- Safety Consultants
- Construction Director
- Health & Safety Manager
- Regional Managing Director
- Commercial Manager/Team
- Project Manager(s)
- Senior Site Manager(s)
- Home Sales Executive(s)
- Customer Care Co-ordinator
- Construction Administrator
- Accounts Dept
- To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Team commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Professional approach
Education & qualifications
Education / Qualifications
- Hold valid CSCS card
- Banksman qualification (where required)
- Previous experience of working on new build construction site
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 hours per week
Location: Wigan, WN3 6PR
Employer: MCI part of Keepmoat, North West
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/03/2023