Junior IT Project Manager KMH/CN/556
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
To manage delivery of projects.
- Deliver projects with support from the Senior Project Manager and Head of Project Delivery.
- Facilitate and manage project steering groups and project teams, with stakeholders from across the company.
- Prepare and maintain project plans and other relevant, standard documentation.
- Manage project risks (capturing, reporting, mitigating, escalating).
- Manage project budgets.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting in line with the governance requirements of the company.
- Engage with steering groups and sponsors to ensure projects are delivered within budget, to time, and to agreed quality expectations.
- Manage supplier relationships within the confines of the project delivery framework.
- Assist with maintenance of project portfolio listings and updates.
- Provide administrative support for Project Advisory Board meetings.
- Assist with the reconciliation of project portfolio budgets to the IT & Digital budget.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Ability to communicate at management level and manage external reporting against delivery timeframes
- Basic understanding of change management and, the impacts of change on multi-site locations
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to competently operate Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working within a PMO or project delivery environment
- Experience of planning at L0 and L1 milestone level
- Experience of the construction or housebuilding sector
Education & qualifications
- APM (Project Fundamentals Qualification), IPM (Certified Project Officer) or PMI (Certified associate in project management)
- PRINCE2 or equivalent
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 30/06/2023