IT Service Delivery Manager KMH/CN/260
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
To ensure the delivery of outstanding customer IT support according to ITIL standards and industry best practice. The Service Delivery Manager will continuously monitor IT support delivery vs SLAs and carry out prompt interventions as required to maintain service levels, deal with customer escalations and feedback, and rectify issues as they arise. The Service Delivery Manager will drive continuous service improvement, carry out analysis, and contribute to effective solutions.
- Support the Head of Technology and Cybersecurity, and SIAM Manager in delivering IT support under a co-sourced model.
- Work closely with our external service providers and internal resolver groups, provide guidance and coordination to support effective service delivery.
- Ensure tickets are managed appropriately and kept updated within the ITSM system (ServiceNow).
- Ensure support processes are fit for purpose and followed by delivery teams.
- Develop and maintain service and process documentation.
- Build and maintain equitable relationships with company stakeholders, partners, and suppliers.
- Engage in negotiation, conflict resolution, and expectation management – the required resources may not be under your direct control.
- Seek customer feedback.
- Reinforce and adhere to IT change management processes. Contribute to business change activities.
- Engage in business analysis and service evolution, garner input from the wider IT department, subject matter experts, and company stakeholders.
- Front weekly and monthly support service reporting, contextualise, and comment on performance.
- Ensure service take on is accepted to agreed standards.
- Ownership of escalation processes including Major Incident & Post Incident Review.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Work with peers and the Head of Technology and Cybersecurity to evolve standards for hardware, software, and security in the IT environment.
- Be an integral part of managing, reporting, and communicating to teams inclusive of mentoring, training, and performance management.
- Lead and/or chair operational meetings (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Ensure all engagements drive the customers experience in line with the customer contracted services, managing customer expectations at all times.
- Recommend methods of improvement and ensure that actions are implemented on time for service delivery upgrades.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- A good understanding of business analysis and Process Improvement
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are required to interpret supplier/partner and customer requirements
- Planning and organisational skills to ensure that services are deployed and monitored effectively
- Good written communication skills to prepare reports and papers for stakeholders
- A flexible approach and the ability to work well under pressure is required to manage unpredictable workloads
- Be results and customer-focused
- Excellent project management skills and deep concern for detail
- Self-motivation and effective time management skills including a willingness to learn new skills and methods for delivering services
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Excellent customer service skills
- Happy to travel between sites when required
- Demonstrable experience working in a position of IT service delivery
- Demonstrable experience of service improvement
- Experience using ServiceDesk platforms
- Highly organised self-starter
- Bright, self-motivated, and driven
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work within diverse groups
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experienced Service Management professional
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery
- Good technical understanding of IT & Digital fields
- Experience working for a house builder
Education & qualifications
- Evidence of professional development
- ITIL Foundation Qualified
- Business Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Service Management
- Certified IT Service Manager (CITSM)
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Lakeside, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 14/02/2023