Head of Technical KMH/WM/846
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Head of Technical to join us to lead our Technical function in the South West, based near Bristol.
Reporting to the Technical Director; the successful candidate will guide their team throughout the whole life cycle of each development. The main purpose of the Technical Function is to manage the interface between external design and the rest of the business, ensuring that the best commercial design is achieved for each scheme and that approvals are in place to achieve our 5-year business targets and plan.
The successful candidate will work closely with other departments within the business including the Land team, ensuring that feasibility sketches are buildable and compliant with regulations, and the commercial team, appraising abnormal costs. They will also work with external stakeholders including design consultants; preparing briefs and hosting pre-commission meetings, as well as managing all design and survey work carried out.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for an established leader within a technical function who embodies our Keepmoat values; a straightforward and skilled communicator, who is creative and experienced wit generating new ideas within architectural and engineering functions. They will be passionate about the construction/development industry with strong experience within it. The postholder will be an established collaborative leader with the ability to build strong relationships through ability to work cross functionally to achieve successful outcomes and inspire, motivate and develop team members.
They will have up to date knowledge of building legislation, experience of partnership agreements, along with understanding and working knowledge of planning issues and processes relevant to the role. They will possess either a degree in planning, or post graduate qualification with eligibility for Royal Town Planning Institute membership.
Education & qualifications
This role would suit either an experienced candidate working at a similar level currently, or someone looking to step up from a Senior Technical Manager or equivalent role.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Bristol, BS32 4TU
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, West Midlands
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 26/02/2024