Head of Construction KMH/WM/753
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Construction to join our West Midlands region in this newly created role, based from our regional Head Office in Tamworth but with regular travel to our developments throughout the region. Reporting into the Regional Managing Director, the Head of Construction will provide strategic leadership support in all construction matters within the region and work closely with all departments to ensure operational and financial delivery.
They will ensure that the region plans and builds in a safe manner the budgeted number of houses to a high standard in the most efficient and cost-effective way, maximising profit and delighting the customer, whilst challenging others to drive performance improvement without damaging confidence or output. The successful candidate will be responsible for site health and safety, ensuring high quality standards supporting our continuous aim to be a 5* housebuilder whilst upholding safety standards.
The Head of Construction will lead and build a motivated and engaged team, developing existing team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best they can, and recruiting the right talent into the business when required. They will also assist with completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually to ensure we have secure upcoming levels of talent within the region.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about the housebuilding industry and have previous experience gained through working in a Construction Management role. They will be collaborative and confident building relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to negotiate and influence. They will be creative and have the ability to problem solve to ensure the successful delivery of their developments. They will be solutions focused and work in a straightforward way using their financial and commercial awareness to ensure a strong customer facing experience on the site,
Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation, relevant local government understanding, along with experience of Partnership arrangements and up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation are all key requirements for this role.
Education & qualifications
- Relevant industry requirements, example; Construction and Site Management Degree.
- Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 3 or higher.
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Staffordshire, ST19 9QY
Employer: Keepmoat Homes West Midlands
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 29/09/2023