Fork Lift Driver - KMH/EM/341
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to undertake the duties/responsibilities as a Fork Lift Truck Driver to the standards set out by the Site Manager. To carry out the duties as a Fork Lift Truck Driver in accordance with Statutory Regulations, Company Policies and Procedures. To understand, implement and adhere to HS&S policy and strategy
- To assist in the loading and unloading of materials and moving and stacking of materials as required by site management.
- Prior to any work activity carry out pre-inspection checks as required and undertake all legal safety inspections of fork lift truck.
- Ensure at all times the safe movement of equipment and materials
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard
- Operate the fork lift truck within the safety limits defined by the manufacturer.
- Unload and load lorries and vans as necessary.
- Safely stack and de-stack from various heights and loads and ensure all materials are in the designated storage areas.
- Undertake other site labouring duties as specified by the Site Management.
- Fully comply with all H&S legislation and duty of care obligations.
- Assist with tidying and cleaning of site as required.
- To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the site manager and shortcomings and defects in the management systems.
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate), reported to the Construction Director and recorded on SHEQ systems.
- To use protective equipment, substances, tools and equipment in accordance with instructions and training given.
- To ensure that you project professional image of Keepmoat at all times.
- Ensure that all training is attended and completed liaising with the Construction secretary to ensure training is booked in a timely manner
- Monitor and maintain visual presentation of the sales areas and compound to the required company standard
- Ensure that you personally present a professional image on site by wearing the company uniform, being well presented and by developing good working relationships with everyone you come into contact within your role as Fork lift truck driver
Areas of Discretion
- Must not take any action, which exceeds the contents of this Job Guide without the consent of the Construction Director
- Not to divulge any information other than to an officer of the Company on matters which are confidential to the Company
- Not to take any action which could be deemed not to be in the best interests of the Company
- Statutory Authorities
- Local Authorities
- NHBC Inspectors
- Safety Consultants
- Construction Director
- Health & Safety Manager
- Managing Director
- Commercial Manager/Team
- Project Manager(s)
- Senior Site Manager(s)
- Home Sales Executive(s)
- Customer Care Co-ordinator
- Construction Administrator
- Accounts Dept
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Team commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Professional approach
Education & qualifications
- Hold valid CSCS card
- Banksman qualification (where required)
- Previous experience of working on new build construction site
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Gedling, NG4 4HF
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, East Midlands
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 21/04/2022