Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the role is to undertake the duties/responsibilities as a Finisher to the standards set out by the Site Manager and Contracts Manager. The Finisher will ensure that properties are finished to our Hallmark standard prior to occupation. This could involve finishing tasks including (but not limited to) painting, plastering and mastic works. In addition, the Finisher will assist with air tests and pre-plaster preparation prior to inspection. All of the above are to be carried out according to the schedule of works provided.
The Finisher will be required to understand, implement and adhere to HS&S policy and strategy whilst carrying out their duties in accordance with Statutory Regulations, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Attend to works as instructed by the Contracts Manager and Site Manager
- Check communications received (ie phone messages) regarding additional works that arise during the week and re-plan work accordingly
- Arrive punctually, introduce self to either the Customer or Site Management team and establish a good working relationship, whilst maintaining a positive and helpful attitude
- Carry out the required work tasks to the respective properties in a tidy, clean, safe and professional manner
- Before leaving check with the Customer and/or Site team, that they are satisfied with the work undertaken
General House-keeping and Safety
- Ensure tools are maintained correctly and that PAT testing is carried out as necessary
- Ensure that correct health and safety practices/requirements (including the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment) are observed at all times and if any doubt whatsoever liaise with the Health & Safety Business Partner
- To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards
- Ensure that all training is attended and completed liaising with the Construction Administrator or Site Manager to ensure training is booked in a timely manner
- Ensure that you personally present a professional image on site by wearing the company uniform, being well presented and by developing good working relationships with everyone you come into contact within your role as Finisher
Areas of Discretion
- Must not take any action, which exceeds the contents of this Job Guide without the consent of the Contracts Manager
- Not to divulge any information other than to an officer of the Company on matters which are confidential to the Company
- Not to take any action which could be deemed not to be in the best interests of the Company
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
Skills / Knowledge
• Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
• Professional attitude and approach to work
• Excellent communication skills
• Team commitment
• Ability to work on own, as well as part of a team.
• Effectively manage time to meet deadlines
• Flexible and agile approach
• Previous experience of working on new build construction site
• Prepared to work within a large geographical area
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Leeds, LS14 6UH
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Yorkshire West
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 31/08/2022