Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst KMH/CN/123
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
- Provide support to the FP&A Manager and wider finance team in the production of timely and accurate financial forecasts and management information.
- Financial Forecasting
- Produce group financial forecasts, Budget and 5 year plan updates in line with the reporting timetable
- Work closely with the Finance Leadership Teams to progress from draft forecast through to final approved forecast following the monthly and quarterly forecast review process
- Undertake variance analysis of current forecast compared to Budget and previous forecasts
- Produce analysis of Key Performance Indicators and business metrics
- Produce outputs for internal and external stakeholders including information for forecast reviews, land schedules, and shareholder packs
- Produce information and analysis as requested by the Group CFO, GFC, and Executive Management Team
- Ensure budget and forecast scenarios are accurately maintained in the relevant financial reporting systems
- Work with Systems Accountant to drive continuous improvement in the Anaplan financial models, assisting with change management development and testing
- Work closely with the Finance Leadership Team, Central Finance Team, Systems Accountant, and BI team to improve the forecasting process and management review information
- Fulfil any other ad-hoc reporting requirements to support the forecasting process
- Management Reporting
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of key weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to the Executive and Senior Management Team and wider business including:
- Weekly reporting on the first day of the week reflecting on the previous week’s activities and outlook
- Weekly HBF returns
- Land Security updates
- Production and review of financial information and Key Performance Indicators
- Production and review of the monthly board report
- Production and review of the Land Commitment Creditor
- Production and review of the Forward Order Book, including tenure and sales rate analysis
- Work with the Finance Leadership Team, Systems Accountant and BI team to drive continuous improvement in the content, quality, and efficiency of management reporting.
- Fulfil any other ad-hoc reporting and analysis requirements as required
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Newly qualified or at advanced stage of studying for a relevant accounting qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement/management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong IT skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time to meet deadlines
- COINS systems experience
- Housebuilding / construction experience
- Anaplan experience
- Working in a large corporate environment with regional / divisional structure
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Cervices
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 30/12/2022