Field Sales Manager KMH/SO/121
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
- The main purpose of the role is to manage and develop the sales team in the Region ensuring that the Regional Sales targets are achieved and ensure all company sales procedures are adhered to, in addition to ensure that regional sales targets and budgets are achieved.
- To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you does the same.
Advertising / Marketing / PR:
- Monitor effectiveness of advertising on a weekly basis and ensure all traffic levels are reported accurately.
- Agree advertising formats and strategies for all sites.
- Prepare and agree advertising budgets, costs and schedules.
- Monitor effectiveness of all advertising and research additional marketing opportunities for live sites.
- Liaise regularly with PR and maximize all opportunities.
- Undertake market research for all new sites and provide updated information as sites progress.
- Ensure weekly and monthly market research reports are completed to agreed deadline.
- Ensure costs are controlled and budgets are adhered to.
Sales Area/ Show Homes:
- Ensure all show homes / sales areas achieve the visual excellence standards required.
- Coordinate show home designs, agree costs and programs.
- Achieve sales targets in line with agreed budgets and monitor on a weekly basis
- Support HSE to ensure all required site sales reports are received on time and accurately as required
- Monitor and review the use of nominated Financial Advisor/Solicitors in line with the Budget Plan
- Monitor and Review the promotion and update of the contours range in line with the Budget Plan
- As and when required be available to cover sites either due to HSE holidays/sickness and during special events e.g. Show home Openings
Pre- Site Planning:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of pre-site presentations
- Co-ordinate all actions required in line with the pre-site plan for all new developments
Sales Cabin/Office/Show home:
- Have full responsibility for the implementation of any new sites all in accordance with the new site start check list – (New Site Starts)
- Open Schedule to co-ordinate show home opening with Keepmoat Homes Show home Department
- Ensure that all sales areas constantly achieve visual excellence standards required by Keepmoat Homes
- Monitor and review HSE weekly site sales checklist and assist where required
- Ensure that any stock plots are maintained and achieve visual excellence at all times
Sales Development Administration:
- Prepare all sales statistics for Keepmoat Homes Ltd and Regional Sales, Finance and Build Departments.
- Co-ordinate and summarise all development sales information
- Ensure exchanges are achieved on time
- Provide accurate sales information to weekly sales and build meetings to ensure accuracy of forecasting
- Provide support to HSE to maximise revenue and minimise incentives on all developments
- Ensure each development has the required level of availability
- Monitor and review build progress on each development and take action to ensure a zero level of stock
- Agreed advertising strategies and requirements for all developments in their area
- Input into advertising schedules
- Weekly monitoring effectiveness advertising
- Provide on a regular basis potential PR opportunities for their developments
- Undertake market research for all new developments
- Provide monthly update on market research information as schemes progress include competitor analysis and 2nd hand market
People Management Responsibilities
- To lead and build a motivated and engaged team
- To recruit the right talent into the business
- To develop your team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best that they can, building a strong talent pipeline to support the growth of the Business, completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually ahead of the mid-year and year-end Performance Development Reviews and discussing the outputs in these meetings
- To undertake bi-annual Performance Development Reviews with your team members and effectively managing any concerns that arise relating to these and to support team members Personal Development Plans
- To address confidently and competently performance, behavioural and absence issues in a supportive manner and taking the necessary actions to improve these while ensuring team members understand their personal responsibilities in these areas
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers Customer’s, Financial Advisors, Solicitors, PR Agencies, Estate Agents
- IT skills including Microsoft packages (workable knowledge)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Good at developing relationships
- Flexible – able to work at all levels and at hands on level
- Able to mentor and provide supportive leadership to others
- Be prepared to work within a large geographical area as part of a team and or alone
- Ability to work remotely
- First rate communication and influencing skills
- Good at developing relationships with Operational leadership
- Flexible – able to work at all levels and at hands on level
- Good level of numeracy
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Report writing
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: DA11 8AA
Employer: Keepmoat Homes South Midlands
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 20/10/2022