Environmental Advisor KMH/CN/541
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join us to support , the delivery of specific elements of Keepmoat’s Environmental & Sustainability strategy, aims and commitments. This is a field-based role with a significant amount of travel across our developments and regional offices across the North of England (Yorkshire, the North West, North East and Scotland), with time also spent at our Doncaster Head Office and working from home. A company car or cash allowance will be provided.
The Environmental Advisor will work with the Senior EHS Business Partner and the wider EHS function, providing the advice and information necessary for the operational teams to deliver their service in a continually improving safe and environmentally sustainable compliant manner.
Supporting the maintenance of our environmental management system and ISO4001 certification is also a key part of this role, in addition to raising awareness of the environment and sustainability agenda through effective communications and presentations. The postholder will maintain and develop a knowledge and understanding of current developments, legislation and opportunities to improve environmental performance.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about environmental and sustainability issues and have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role and detailed knowledge in at least one discipline. They will be collaborative, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and be methodical, innovative and creative with a proactive attitude. Experience of providing environmental support in the construction sector, along with experience with carbon and waste management and environmental data analysis, would be highly advantageous. The successful candidate will take a straightforward approach to apply their knowledge to ensure the function is seen to add value to the operational teams.
Due to the nature of this role and the travel involved, a full UK driving license is essential.
In return, as well as the benefits listed above, the post holder will have to develop and build on their ecology knowledge within the role.
Education & qualifications
Degree qualified in environment & sustainability subject or equivalent experience
Associate level membership of IEMA or equivalent Environmental Institute membership
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Field Based, North
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 30/06/2023