Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the role is to control and co-ordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments. To ensure all approvals are obtained and information received issued to allow for a programmed start on site
Work with Land Department to ensure smooth transition of information
Prepare site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential development
Check all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial
Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and
Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the constructions process
Attend design meetings with the highways and planners to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments
Work on tenders and pre-start engineering documentation and oversee viability of each one
Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
Assist the Engineering Manager to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all engineering design and technical report requirements
Provide technical and administrative support to the site teams
Obtain all required technical approvals in line with programmed site start dates
Work with the Central Design Team to develop products and research build systems to ensure we are ready for legislation and market change.
Be aware of the need for innovation in all aspects of our business
Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company
Create a good rapport with our partner consultants, contractors and adopting authorities to ensure the Company receives total commitment
Develop a close working relationship with the Regional team, ensuring all information is communicated effectively and efficiently
Develop others working within the engineering section and provide support and coaching where required
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Exceptional organisational capabilities
- Good commercial and contractual awareness
- Previous exposure to a similar role within a UK house builder
- Demonstrate background in preparing schedules of work
- Keen eye for detail and ability to process technical information
- Good internal and external stakeholder management
- Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD, PDS and Microdrainage
- A strong negotiator with proven experience in gaining consent on complex technical approvals
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g. talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
Education & qualifications
- HNC qualified
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hebburn, NE32 2EX
Employer: Keepmoat Homes North East
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 04/07/2022