Ecology Advisor KMH/CN/341
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main Purpose of role:
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Ecology Advisor to join us to support the delivery of ecology specific elements of our sustainability strategy, aims and commitments. We are relatively flexible in terms of the base location of this role, however a candidate based in the South Yorkshire/East Midlands area would be at an advantage. The role will involve a split between travel to our regional offices, our Doncaster head office and home working. A company car or cash allowance will be provided.
The Ecology Advisor will provide the advice and information necessary for the operational teams to deliver their service in a continually improving safe and ecologically sustainable manner. They will support the Regional Land and Partnership Teams to review and challenge biodiversity net gain assessments, raising awareness of the ecology agenda through effective communications and presentations.
Supporting the maintenance of our environmental management system and ISO4001 certification is also a key part of this role, in addition to taking ownership of specific reports, standards and guidance documents, alongside delivering and coordinating ecology training and awareness.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about ecology and have the experience and knowledge in at least one specialist area (e.g., protected species, surveying, licensing) and an interest in expanding their knowledge and pursuing a career in Ecology. They will be collaborative, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and be methodical, innovative and creative with a proactive attitude. Experience of ecology licensing and planning/development requirements, as well as experience and familiarity of Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) and use of the DEFRA BNG Metric would be highly advantageous. The successful candidate will take a straightforward approach to apply their technical knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to ensure compliance and implementation of ecological best practice.
Due to the nature of this role and the travel involved, a full UK driving license is essential.
Associate level membership of CIEEM or equivalent Environmental Institute membership
Education & qualifications
- Degree qualified in a biological science or environmental subject or equivalent experience
- Associate level membership of CIEEM or equivalent Environmental Institute membership
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 28/02/2023