Design Architectural Technician KMH/CN/325
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
Lead the preparation and management of house type working drawings and block plans based on standard house type models in line with brief and programme provided by the regional technical teams.
- Liaise with the regional technical teams to capture site specific requirements to enable the elevation of standard house type working drawings and link Blocks.
- Liaise with Engineers and specialist suppliers to integrate their designs into the working drawings packages including but not limited to roof, stairs, joist, beam and block, kitchen and heating designs and structure appraisals.
- Ensure compliance of working drawings with required building regulations, local planning requirements and design standards (E.g. M4(2), M4(3), NDSS)
- Ensure compliance of working drawings with required site sale specification and agreed Housing association specification
- Ensure house type schedules reflect design changes and align with 3rd party design information
- Develop and manage a central library of standard house types with varying elevations that can be used between schemes and regions.
- Attend internal and external meetings regarding technical matters and co-ordinating the preparation of the information required as a result
- Chase consultants and suppliers to ensure availability of information to accord with deadlines
- Monitor progress against programmes and action accordingly to meet targets
- Deliver Revit training and technical support to the regional technical teams
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
This is not an exhaustive list of the technical experience that we seek in this role, but what we consider to be critical to the success of this role.
- Minimum of 3 years knowledge of the construction/ development industry
- Excellent architectural knowledge – particularly house types
- Working knowledge of the latest Building Regulations, NHBC and associated legislation connected with the construction industry
- Flexible and agile approach
- Skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
- Prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Excellent level of numeracy and skilled in verbal and written comms
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office
- High level of interpersonal skills and a professional attitude to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising own workload
- Confident with ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Self motivated
Education & qualifications
- HNC /HND / Degree in Architectural design
- Experienced in use of AutoCAD
- Experienced in use of Revit including but not limited to:
- Family creation and nested families
- Title block creation
- Revit links and Block plan creation
- Creating and managing Schedules and material take-offs
- IFC Files
- Managing materials library and creating new materials
- Autodesk Dynamo
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 31/07/2022