Customer Care Technician (ref. KMH/EM/197)
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective after-sales service by rectifying defects and carrying out maintenance works that have arisen within occupied properties since legal completion. To manage and continually improve the Customer Service experience for Keepmoat customers to support our ambitions to be a 5-star builder and a leader in Customer Service in the homebuilding industry. To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy.
- Attend client visits as required; the Customer Care Co-Ordinator will arrange work visits via the COINS system and schedule in your calendar
- Ensure that the Customer Care Vehicle is stocked with the necessary building and decorating materials required for the Job Sheets
- Ensure any additional material requirements are measured and specified (e.g. type, handing etc) and are either collected locally from approved suppliers, or ordered through Customer Care coordinator who will fax/email the requirements to the Buying department
- Check communications received (i.e., phone messages, faxes and emails) regarding additional works that arise during the week and re plan work accordingly
- Arrive punctually, introduce self to the Customer and establish a good working relationship, maintaining at all times a positive and helpful attitude
- Carry out the required work tasks to the respective properties as per the ‘Job Sheets’ in a tidy, clean, safe and professional manner and before leaving check with the Customer that they are satisfied with the work undertaken and ask them to sign-off the Daily Record Sheet
- Attend site as required to supervise sub-contract works as scheduled from time to time by the Customer Care Co-coordinator
- Completing all required data input via mCare in a timely manner
Variations to the Plan
- If additional works to those stated on the ‘Job Sheets’ are requested by the Customer, assess whether or not they should be undertaken by the company and if so complete them accordingly
- If any of the scheduled works cannot be completed due to incorrect materials, lack of access etc, then notify the Customer Care coordinator immediately (in their absence Customer Care Manager)
- If there are additional, or incomplete works that need to be undertaken at a later date then ensure that a ‘Work Outstanding Sheet’ is completed and returned to the Customer Care coordinator by the end of the week. Also inform the Customer Care coordinator of re-arranged appointments
- If there is likely to be a delay in meeting the scheduled appointment times, then contact the Customers and apologise and arrange revised arrival times
- Maintain a flexible approach to work, which may necessitate unsociable hours if required to meet Customers’ requirements
- Ensure surplus materials are removed from the properties, re-used or re-stocked where applicable or if not then disposed of in the correct manner
General Housekeeping and Safety
- Ensure tools are maintained correctly and that PAT testing is carried out as necessary
- Ensure that correct health and safety practices/requirements (including the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment) are observed at all times and if any doubt whatsoever liaise with the Health & Safety Business Partner
- Ensure that the Customer Care Vehicle is cleaned, tidied and maintained correctly on a weekly basis
- Ensure that a high-level personal presentation is maintained, wearing the company uniform and identification card
- Ensure that the Customer’s home is respected at all times; wear over-shoes, protect carpets/furnishings etc
- Be courteous and diplomatic with Customers at all times and ensure that they are inconvenienced as little as possible whilst carrying out the works
- Be receptive and empathetic to Customer complaints; if they cannot be resolved whilst on site then record them and send into the Customer Care coordinator as soon as possible, but no later than the end of the week
- Ensure Customer complaints are discussed with the Customer Care coordinator and arrange appointments accordingly to resolve the problems
Feedback for Continuous Improvement
- Feedback any design/material/workmanship problems of a significant, or recurrent nature to the Customer Care coordinator in order to improve future build quality
- Attend meetings with the Customer Care Manager as required to monitor Customer satisfaction and agree improvements in service delivery
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Up to date knowledge of NHBC Standards
- Up to date knowledge of LABC Regulations
- Multi-skills trained
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing own workload
- This is not an exhaustive list of the technical experience that we seek in this role, but what we consider to be critical to the success of this role
- Flexible and agile approach
- Skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach
- Prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Confident with ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Self - motivated
- Being able to own issues/resolve problems
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g., talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 Hours, Monday to Friday
Location: Nottingham, NG10 5QG
Employer: East Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 05/12/2022