Contracts Manager - KMH/EM/340
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
- To plan and build in a safe manner the budgeted number of houses in the most efficient cost-effective way, maximising profit and delighting the customer.
- To understand, implement and adhere to HS&S policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you does the same.
- Ensure site set up is safe, timely, and effective
- Participate in pre-start meetings
- Ensure the programme of works supports the delivery of works
- Ensure the programme of works supports the business delivery dates
- Work closely with the Technical department to understand all Technical issues of the site
- Ensure the programme of works outlines all technical details
- Be responsible for Site Health and Safety
- Ensure completion dates are met and that developments are adequately resourced
- Ensure high quality standards – delighting customers
- Ensure accurate processing of information between Regional Office and Site
- Monitor site security
- Monitor response time to customer Final Inspection lists and complaints
- Ensure all sites are working to achieve the NHBC ‘Pride in the Job’ award
- Take joint responsibility with the Commercial Manager for achieving or bettering the budgeted costs
- Work with the Regional Finance and Commercial teams to ensure all cost controls are closely managed
- Achieve or improve on agreed targets
- Monitor labour performance and costs
- Control work in progress
- Monitor the performance and costs of Suppliers and Sub-contractors
- Control hired plant and the amount of material on site
- Ensure all developments are presented to the best possible standard during construction and that all materials are stacked and protected
- Ensure show houses and Sales Area are in pristine condition
- Establish uniformity in site offices and compounds
- Enhance Keepmoat Homes reputation and promote culture to sub-contractors
- Ensure self-presentation of the highest standard
People Management Responsibilities
- To lead and build a motivated and engaged team
- To recruit the right talent into the business
- To develop your team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best that they can, building a strong talent pipeline to support the growth of the Business, completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually ahead of the mid-year and year-end Performance Development Reviews and discussing the outputs in these meetings
- To undertake bi-annual Performance Development Reviews with your team members and effectively managing any concerns that arise relating to these and to support team members Personal Development Plans
- To address confidently and competently performance, behavioural and absence issues in a supportive manner and taking the necessary actions to improve these while ensuring team members understand their personal responsibilities in these areas
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Previous experience within contract management
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
- Understanding of local government
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of people management tools and techniques e.g. talent mapping; succession planning etc
- Covered a more senior role to support upward management experience
Education & qualifications
- Level 6 in Site Management
- Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 3 or higher
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Nottingham, NG10 5QG
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, East Midlands
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 20/04/2022