Commercial Manager KMH/NE/797
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for Commercial Manager to join us in our North East region, responsible for the general day to day management of the function to ensure it fully supports the needs, aspirations and targets laid down by the company, whilst providing support to achieve the business plan. The successful candidate will be based from our regional head office in Hebburn with travel as required.
Reporting to the Commercial Director; the successful candidate will set, agree and review targets for the function, delivering accurate and timely reports for the business, identifying and managing all commercial issues ensuring the companies legal and contractual obligations are met.
The Commercial Manager will oversee all aspects of the function ensuring that controls are in place and followed to maximise company profitability. They will also ensure all commercial and business development indicators are monitored and reported accurately and in line with company processes, identifying, escalating and proactively managing all commercial issues.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for a Commercial leader who embodies our Keepmoat values; a creative and resilient individual with a flexible and agile approach to managing a function and an enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach. They will be collaborative; skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement with experience in developing strategies and in influencing senior decision makers and with strong negotiating and influencing skills. They will take a straightforward approach and possess the technical experience and attention to detail to allow them to identify and work with partners, procure new sites, and ensure detailed cost planning. They will be passionate about their work and about managing and developing a team to get the best out of each individual.
Experience within a similar role within housebuilding or similar is essential. They will be a skilled and experienced line manager confident in providing feedback and holding challenging conversations.
Education & qualifications
- Relevant industry requirements, e.g. RICS, Quantity Surveying Degree
- Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 5 or higher
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact [email protected]
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hebburn, NE31 2EX
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, North East
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 06/10/2023