Commercial Director KMH/NE/554
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for Commercial Director to join us, setting the direction of our Commercial function in our North East region, based from or regional head office in Hebburn with travel as required.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director; the successful candidate will be a member of the regional board of directors and plays a key role in the strategic direction and delivery of the business. They will manage the Surveying and Purchasing departments, having overall responsibility for all expenditure and for controlling “Cost of Sales” and taking a strategic view from Land Acquisition through to Customer Care initiatives.
The Commercial Director will manage all aspects of the function ensuring that controls are in place and followed to maximise company profitability. They will also ensure all commercial and business development indicators are monitored and reported accurately and in line with company processes, identifying, escalating and proactively managing all commercial issues.
Skills, knowledge & experience
We are looking for a Commercial leader who embodies our Keepmoat values; a creative and resilient individual with a flexible and agile approach to managing a function and an enthusiastic, self-motivated, solutions focused approach. They will be collaborative; skilled in relationship building and stakeholder engagement with experience in developing strategies and in influencing senior decision makers and with strong negotiating and influencing skills. They will take a straightforward approach and possess the technical experience and attention to detail to allow them to identify and work with partners, procure new sites, and ensure detailed cost planning. They will be passionate about their work and about managing and developing a team to get the best out of each individual.
Experience within a similar role within housebuilding or similar is essential. They will be a skilled and experienced line manager confident in providing feedback and holding challenging conversations.
Education & qualifications
Relevant industry requirements, e.g. RICS, Quantity Surveying Degree
Coaching or Mentoring Qualification for example ILM at level 5 or higher
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hebburn, NE31 2EX
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, North East
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 16/06/2023