Business Applications Manager - KMH/CN/315
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
- To lead the development and delivery of business application support and drive the evolution of the application portfolio and its constituent parts. The Business Applications Manager will act as a facilitator, ensure stakeholders can fully utilise the Keepmoat suite of applications and do their jobs effectively. The Business Applications Manager will be accountable for application performance and security, optimise configurations, coordinate training, produce documentation, and provide outstanding user support.
- Support the Head of Technology and Cybersecurity, and IT Director in delivering the IT strategy.
- Lead the Business Applications Team, developing their skills and capabilities.
- Build and maintain equitable relationships with company stakeholders, partners, and suppliers, leading the development of internal user communities.
- Create and be responsible for the business applications roadmap.
- Assess stakeholder needs and influence the use of applications to deliver demonstrable business value.
- Engage in business analysis and service design, garner input from the wider IT department, subject matter experts, solutions and data architects, and company stakeholders.
- Drive the development of standardised repeatable processes and approaches, including systems for improvement. Ensure proper documentation is produced and maintained.
- Monitor and maintain consistent customer service, gather feedback, drive continual service quality improvements.
- Conduct research and maintain up-to-date business applications knowledge including future developments.
- Ensure Business Applications services adhere to company standards (including those of external service providers) and are delivered in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation eg, GDPR.
- Monitor and actively manage service costs and contribute to the IT budgeting process.
- Reinforce and adhere to IT change management processes. Contribute to business change activities.
- Provide regular service quality reports, contextualise, and comment on performance.
People Management Responsibilities
- Management and mentoring, where needed of team members.
- To lead and build a motivated and engaged team.
- To recruit the right talent into the business.
- To develop your team members by enabling and motivating them to be the best that they can, building a strong talent pipeline to support the growth of the Business, completing Talent Mapping and Succession Planning bi-annually ahead of the mid-year and year-end Performance Development Reviews and discussing the outputs in these meetings.
- To undertake bi-annual Performance Development Reviews with your team members and effectively manage any concerns that arise relating to these and to support team members Personal Development Plans.
- To address confidently and competently performance, behavioural and absence issues in a supportive manner and taking the necessary actions to improve these while ensuring team members understand their personal responsibilities in these areas.
To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Demonstrable business applications knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of one or more typical enterprise applications eg, ERP, CRM
- A good understanding of business analysis, process improvement, and the application lifecycle
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are required to interpret supplier/partner and customer requirements
- Budgeting, planning and organisational skills to ensure that services are deployed and monitored effectively
- Good written communication skills to prepare reports and papers for stakeholders
- A flexible approach and the ability to work well under pressure is required to manage unpredictable workloads
- Be results and customer-focused
- Excellent project management skills and deep concern for detail
- Self-motivation and effective time management skills including a willingness to learn new skills and methods for delivering services
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Excellent customer service skills
- Happy to travel between sites when required
- Demonstrable experience with a range of business applications
- Demonstrable experience working in a position of management/responsibility
- Experience of proposing and managing business change
- Experience using ServiceDesk platforms
- Experience of handling external suppliers
- Highly organised self-starter
- Bright, self-motivated and driven
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work within diverse groups
- Knowledge of ITIL service management best practice
- Good technical understanding of IT & Digital fields
- Experience working for a house builder
- Building and engaging user communities
Education & qualifications
- Evidence of professional development
- Relevant Applications certifications
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Doncaster, DN4 5PL
Employer: Keepmoat Homes, Central Services
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 31/05/2022