Assistant Site Manager KMH/SC/300
Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing – from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs.
Main purpose of the role
• The Assistant Site Manger reports to the Site Manager and the main responsibilities are to assist the site team to manage the building project in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and cost
• To ensure that plots are completed to a standard finish which will exceed our customers’ expectations
• To understand, implement and adhere to HS&S policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to them do the same and to ensure in the Site Managers absences all those duties are fulfilled
• Undertake the responsibilities/ duties of the Project Manager/ Senior Site Manger/Site Manager in his absence
• Participate in Pre-Site Start meetings following detailed preparation, studying drawings and specification, site inspection with Project
• Produce short-term working programmes to manage production in line with Development Programme to the required standards
• Ensure consultant engineers provide all inspection and certification to comply with planning/building regulations requirements
• Manage and liaise with all specialised subcontractors to ensure work are carried out on time and to required standards
• Ensure all completion dates are met resourcing adequate staffing requirements where applicable
• Supports the weekly production of a 2-week forecasted work in progress labour requirements for all trade
• Strive to achieve construction excellence and recognition within internal key performance indicators (customer excellence) and external awards (N.H.B.C, “Pride in the job” and LABC)
• Carry out routine inspections (minimum twice per day per plot) to ensure that instructions are carried out, the specification and site presentation requirements are complied with, and the required quality standards are met, updating the Plot Quality Control Checklists)
• Liaise with NHBC and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections; escort inspectors on site and act upon their findings in the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Managers absence
• Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction (including Stage 4, Pre-Plaster, Pre-Paint and Pre-CML and fire cavity barrier checklist; to indemnify/rectify any defects and educate operatives/subcontractors to eradicate recurrent problems
• Liaise with Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager to complete any items raised on 21-day visits by Home Sales Executives
• Feedback design improvement and innovations through the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager
• Ensure adherence to the Customer Hallmark Journey
• Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufactures recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
• Advise the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/ Site Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
• Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
• Monitor the performance of Suppliers and Sub contractors in line with the cost reports from Commercial Director
• Complete the daily Diary along with the following weekly reports in the Site Managers absence:
• Plant Return Sheet
• Material Received Sheet
• Hourly Paid Time Sheet
• Report Sheet
• Production Report
• Ensure that materials are called off for a just in time delivery to reduce the risk of fire, theft and damage
• Ensure that the companies Variation Process is followed, and that Contra charging is applied where applicable
• Ensure the customer journey is followed to promote customer excellence
• Respond and complete open COINS issues in a timely manner
• Ensure the Customer Hallmark is followed to ensure customer excellence is provided
• Ensure that all contractors comply with the Defects Resolution Process within their Trade Specification ensuring that the timescales to complete defects are achieved within that timescale
• Monitor and maintain visual presentation of Sales area, Show Home and compound to the required company standard
• Ensure that you personally present a professional image on site by wearing the company uniform, being well presented and by developing good working relationships with everyone you come into contact within your role as Assistant Site Manager
• Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives
• Ensure that direct employees on site receive timely feedback on their performance and are trained and developed accordingly. Monitoring the skills attained through training
• Oversee the training and development of Trainees on site
• Undertake mentoring of employees to share knowledge and skills and provide long term development support
• Setting, agreeing, reviewing and delivering all targets
• Delivery of accurate and timely reports for the business in line with company-wide processes
• Management of all aspects of the commercial function ensuring that all controls are in place and are followed to maximise the company’s profitability
• Identification, escalation and proactive management of all commercial issues
• Protect the company’s legal and contractual obligations
• To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work and adhere to the Keepmoat Health, Safety and Sustainability standards.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Previous experience gained through working in Site Management; Clerk of Works; Buildings or NHBC Inspection role is an essential requirement
- A 1st class understanding of the expected fit and finish of a new home
- The ability to deal with difficult situations and communicate in a clear and confident manner
- Strong customer facing experience coupled with a delivery focus
- Team Commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current valid UK driving licence
Current and valid UK driving licence
Education & qualifications
• 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above along with industry requirements
• Level 4 in Construction Management
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Our values are the foundation for our vision, the cornerstone of our culture and the benchmark for our achievement.
- Straightforward - We get the job done in the most efficient and effective way. We are friendly, open and honest. It’s about being respectful and working in a transparent and honest way.
- Collaborative - We work together in partnership to deliver the very best customer experience. Partnership working is key to our business. We work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible.
- Passionate - We care about what we do. We put pride and energy into delivering results. It’s important to us to do a good job.
- Creative - We are proactive, flexible and resourceful. We listen, learn and deliver solutions. We don’t offer a one size fits all solution; we are flexible and will tailor our services to our customers’ needs.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Glenrothes, KY7 4AD
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Scotland
Job type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 19/08/2022